05 February, 2013

(Pro?)Found Facebook Posts

Sometimes I am amazed when I go back through old Facebook posts and find gems I've jotted down in haste and forgotten.  Here's a few from a gleaning of my Facebook page.


Call to Life
Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 4:04am via mobile
The morning light on the horizon gives one the assurance of the promise of new life. Good morning life!

Morning Charge
Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 5:00am via mobile
Golden rays of light and promise spray from the horizon. A new day is birth. How will I live the promise today?

Call to Worshipful Living
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 5:56am
The Morning Star shone brightly this morning in the predawn sky. Tho the daylight blocks my view, that Star still shines with the same radiance, still glows the same warm light into our distracted lives. Look up! Your light shines!


9/11, Anger, Forgiveness
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 8:34am
When we confuse forgetting with forgiving, we become our own enemy. We will never forget. The question is, "Are we brave enough and strong enough to forgive?" Or will we become like them: vengeful, angry, and fueled by hate?


An Epiphany Song
Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 4:07pm via HTC Sense
Awake! Awake, and greet the new day!
Greet the new morning and be on your way
The people are starving, employment they seek
Awake and be ready to empower the weak

Awake! Awake and open your heart
The dawn is our sign of faiths journey to start
The weary seek rest and the hungry a meal
Awake and make haste for our God is made real.

Awake! Awake! And greet the new morn!
The prophets await us and Jonah's forlorn.
Arise! Get you started. The kingdom's at hand.
Good News is for sharing--bring word of God's plan.


Money Laundering
Monday, November 21, 2011 at 8:28pm near Tell City, IN via mobile
I just discovered I put my American Express card thru the washer and dryer. I have no money to launder so I launder my credit! Just like the bankers.


Being Exercised
Monday, February 13, 2012 at 8:42am near Tell City, IN
Hamsters and gerbils exercise by running on wheels; they get no where. Humans do the same on treadmills, don't we? What's the treadmill that gets you exercised but takes you no where? What are you jumping upon that gets your heart pounding and your brow wet but never moves toward change. It's time to get out of the wheel and onto the path toward our futures.








Good News
April 24, 2012 — in Tell City, IN.
Today I broke my necklace. But I heard it drop to the floor and didn't lose it.
Today I lost my phone. But I called it and found it inside a three ring binder in my desk drawer.
Today I got 107 pieces of junk e-mail. But I got one note saying my Doctoral Project has been cleared for development. 
It's been a good day. 


Values and Money
January 12, 2013 via mobile
Which theologian said that our budget reflects our values? It never ceases to amaze me that the very people who complain that they have no money for (name that ministry or church) are the same ones who manage to take extravagant vacations, buy all kinds of gadgets and toys, and buy new cars every year. Priorities are displayed in how we spend our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use respect when responding to others whose ideas and beliefs differ from yours.